VJ is a Google Premier Partner, which means our digital team has a direct line to trends and data to inform and optimize digital campaigns. In its most recent #PartnersConnect livestream, Google focused on B2B marketing. We’re sharing our takeaways below. Email us if you’d like to talk further.
First, reacquaint yourself with the buyer.
- Today’s business buyer is more curious, more self-reliant and less loyal. This person doesn’t wait for recommendations from sales representatives. Instead, she turns to search.
- 68% of B2B buyers prefer to research on their own, and they do so online.1
- 47% prefer to find information on their own, avoiding contact forms and phone calls.1
- He is also more demanding than ever before, fueled in part by split-second, digital access to information and the ability to act on it. B2B e-commerce volume is six times greater than B2C, and it’s growing more quickly than traditional channels, e.g., catalogs, phone, direct purchasing.2
- She is impatient, spending more than half the day with digital media. Much of this is driven by mobile, which generates almost half of B2B revenues.3
Then, decide how you will act.
- Be helpful. Anticipate the business buyer’s needs. How can you prioritize the information she needs in your content and the ads you run? The good news is, some of it’s automated.
- Be conscientious. Simplicity is key to engagement. Can you slim down your lead-generation form?
- Be useful. Act as a digital assistant to business buyers, serving the right ad to the right person at the right time. Where are the pivot points? How can you offer assisted experiences?
- Be fast. Embrace mobile and enhance desktop. Does it take longer than three seconds to load your page? If so, you’ll lose more than half (53%) of your prospects right away.4
- Be nimble. Consider your best tactics and how you can optimize them. For example, are you using remarketing? It’s one of the surest ways to invite returning visitors. And, with Customer Match, Google will take your B2B email lists and discard data to protect privacy, then help you consistently target prospects and reach new people like them.
— Google Partners (@googlepartners) November 14, 2018
Or take a step back and review the data yourself. (We know you want to.)
1 Google and Comscore data. Read more from Comscore.
2 U.S. Census Bureau. Read more from the 2016 Measuring the Electronic Economy E-Stats Report.
3 BCG Marketer Survey. Read more from BCG.
4 Google Data. Learn more about page speed.
Vladimir Jones is Colorado’s original independent, integrated advertising agency, with offices in Denver and Colorado Springs. We believe in brilliant brands and love making the world love them as much as we do.