We invest in the futures of our clients and our team.
We are Vladimir Jones, Colorado’s original independent, integrated advertising agency, with offices in Denver and Colorado Springs. We’re never just “the agency.” We treat every client engagement as a long-term partnership, wherein we believe in all of its opportunities and prepare for all of its challenges. And we extend this same grace to our team, building them up for what’s next and being a relief in times of stress. Because, here’s the thing. Being small means we can do things a little differently. We’re scrappy. We’re agile. And we can make a huge impact.
We’re looking for a Resource Allocation Manager who can learn our talent and become expert in how they map to the business. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
This role works across capabilities and client teams. The primary focus of this role is to ensure the correct balance of talent in order for our teams to deliver amazing work. This role requires an upbeat positive attitude and willingness to problem solve in an ever-changing environment. This position pays between $70,000 – $80,000. This position can be based in either our Denver or Colorado Springs office.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Serve as casting director who understands the ins and outs of employees’ skill sets, strengths, and weaknesses to appropriately map talent to the business
- Ensure client teams have the right talent across offices by partnering with leadership to understand what the work/client needs
- Maintain resourcing platform data for accuracy – Workamajig
- Act as day-to-day contact for resource management cross-capability
- Provide accurate and insightful reporting and analysis to leadership, identifying gaps, issues and making strategic and thoughtful staffing suggestions.
- Assist and help influence staffing and casting strategies, including new business planning and forecasting
- Serve as a driver in creating cost and staff efficiencies across each client team
- Partner with Director of Finance to make staffing decisions based on revenue ups and downs
- Partner with Human Resources on open positions, keeping them informed of changing talent needs
- Help onboard new staff and freelance hires. Help manage subcontractor partners and approve of timesheets/invoicing.
To qualify, you’ll need:
- 5-7 years of professional work experience in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Advertising agency experience desired
- Project Management, Resource Management or Operations experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing internal relationships and dealing with senior members of staff in a professional manner
- Solid understanding how the staffing role impacts company performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Great communication skills, including written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Proactive and solution orientated. Advanced organizational skills. Entrepreneurial spirit and team player. Ability to lead meetings, drive conversations and resolve conflicts. A sense of humor!
- Understanding of resource management reporting tools. Experience with Workamajig a plus.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.
Vladimir Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Vladimir Jones is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from minorities.