We are an advertising agency AND we run our own brand-driven, growth-focused content marketing program. In this part-time, contract position (Qs 3-4 of 2021), you will execute content to highlight Vladimir Jones’ unique position as a women-owned, family-owned, independent, integrated advertising agency with vertical expertise in energy/utilities, retail, travel and tourism, nonprofits, and government.
What You’ll Do
You will work against an established content calendar as you research, write and manage:
Thought leadership (POVs)
- Coordinate with digital, media, insight and account service teams in the agency for 1-2x monthly thought leadership blog posts
- Edit blog posts for style, readability/scannability, and tone
Brands We Love: PowHERful Brands
- Research women-founded, -led or -owned brands for ongoing blog series
- Reach out and secure participation
- Interview leadership and secure brand photos
- Write blog post, social and email content for promotion
- Reach out and secure participation of one unique voice per month for a brief Q&A aligning with a cultural observance
- Secure photos and work with creative team for production
- Assist with updates to internal library of long-form (500-600 words) case studies for new business proposals, as needed
- Update web case studies (200-300 word) on agency website as needed
- Assist with maintaining Agency presence on third-party listing sites like AgencySpotter.com and Clutch.co
- Engage with creative and insights teams for content ideation
- Write approximately 14-18 posts per month across four channels and covering topic areas such as work mentions (new campaigns, work in progress, case studies), team, thought leadership, PowHERful Brands, #tapculture, current events, etc.
- Coordinate posting and reporting with the agency’s digital team
- Write brief copy to introduce PowHERful Brands features, higher-level POVs and agency announcements
- In a limited fashion, write media materials and pitch content to place news stories regarding: Significant new clients (AOR relationships and large projects), significant client campaign launches, changes/additions to Agency executive leadership team
Where You’ll Sit
Let’s talk instead about where you’ll fit. This individual will overlap with the current PR manager for one month then report directly to the agency CEO. This person will work in concert with account service, creative, production and digital teams on daily tasks.
What We Require
- 5+ years of related PR experience (content marketing, agency marketing, media relations)
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of SEO (keywords, keyword density, meta descriptions, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, and fix problems quickly
- Cultural sensitivity and curiosity
- Familiarity with the business of advertising
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.
Vladimir Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Vladimir Jones is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from minorities.