- Prepare media plans in articulate and professional form for client review.
- Maintain appropriate and responsive working relationships with media suppliers/partners.
- Obtain inventory availability and corresponding rates and media kits from all media except broadcast.
- Approves insertion orders/station orders for all media placed by the agency or as directed by the Media Supervisor to confirm and authorize placement for all media except broadcast.
- Provides direction to the team’s media buyers with appropriate buying guidelines. Keeps the buying team on strategy by keeping them abreast of strategic direction and plans.
- Must be familiar with all media buying and research software tools within the agency.
- Communicate deadlines and creative requirements of the plan and buy to the agency team.
- Maintain all resource and media files, updating constantly.
- Ensure timely placement of all media according to schedules.
- Enter media schedules into the system and issues all media reports, including tracking/stewardship reports, budgets and updated media flowcharts.
- Promptly approve all media invoices to be forwarded to billing department for client billing.
- Confirm the accuracy of all requested placements.
- Alert Media Planner or Supervisor of special media offers/placement opportunities.
- Maintain work area and files in a professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in advertising, communications, journalism or business.
- 1-2 years of Media Planning experience in an advertising agency required.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.
Vladimir Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Vladimir Jones is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from minorities.