The Finance Director is responsible for the financial and administrative operations of the company. The Finance Director also works with in-house IT staff and serves as the agency liaison to the IT Managed Services Provider. The Finance Director has human resources oversight for payroll processing and maintaining regulatory compliance for payroll and other employee-related filings. This position is ideally based in Colorado Springs.
- Manages the day-to-day financial operations of the organization.
- Oversees all client billing and works in close partnership with the Account Services team for the management of all client-related finance items.
- Responsible for the month-end close process and the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversees the development of agency budgets and financial plans to include:
- Annual budget
- Monthly forecasts
- Actively manages agency cash flow.
- Provides oversight to Human Resources for the processing of payroll and administration of the 401k plan. Ensures compliance with all payroll and employee-related regulatory filings.
- Oversees all tax-related matters to include:
- Ensuring that systems for the capture and reporting of sales and use tax are operating in an effective manner and that sales and use tax reports are filed accurately and timely
- Working with agency’s CPA firm for the preparation of the annual tax return and ongoing tax planning
- Assures that accounting methods and procedures are appropriate for operations of the company and provide adequate financial controls. Develops new policies and procedures as required to support the financial needs of the company.
- Works in conjunction with CEO and/or President for the development of pricing/compensation structures for new business RFPs/proposals.
- Provides support to the President and Account Services team for the drafting of client scope of work/contract/LOA documents.
- Provides support for client compensation negotiations.
- Works in coordination with the Account Services team for the development of client estimates.
- Serves as the liaison to the agency’s IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) for the management of information systems for the agency. Plays an active role in the ongoing assessment of agency information systems, technology and resources. Oversees agency’s in-house IT staff.
- Works with insurance broker for the ongoing evaluation of insurance programs.
- Provides financial counsel to the CEO, President and leadership team to assess financial risk/benefit of operational initiatives and actions.
- Works in coordination with the CEO and President for the evaluation of agency’s physical office space and is involved in lease negotiations and the overall administration of physical office space.
- Hires, manages, mentors and promotes team members.
- Effectively collaborates with all departments within the agency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position will pay between $115,000 to $135,000 based on Experience and Education.
Experience and Education:
- Advertising agency experience highly desired. If no prior advertising agency experience, demonstrated experience in managing the financial operations of a professional services organization is desirable.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in related discipline (accounting or finance); MBA preferred. CPA preferred.
- Five + years’ experience preferred.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Prior experience working in a small business environment is a plus.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
- Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
- Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
- Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
- Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.
Vladimir Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Vladimir Jones is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from minorities.